Currently browsing tag

جامع العادلية

Aleppo – al-Aadiliyeh Mosque
حلب – جامع العادلية

al-Aadiliyeh Mosque (جامع العادلية) was constructed under the rule of Ottoman governor Mohammed Basha Bin Douqeh Kein (محمد باشا بن دوقه كين) sometime between 1550 and 1557, with the exact date disputed by historians. This was part of a mid-16th century expansion into the area that was previously an exercise ground under the Mamluks. The building is the second oldest Turkish-style mosque in Aleppo (حلب), …