Currently browsing tag

al-Madrasa al-Mershadiyeh

Damascus – al-Madrasa al-Mershadiyeh
دمشق – المدرسة المرشدية

al-Madrasa al-Mershadiyeh (المدرسة المرشدية) is an Ayyubid-era religious school and mausoleum located in the northern Damascus (دمشق) district of al-Salhiyeh (الصالحية). It was constructed in 1252 in honor of Khadijeh Khatoun (خديجة خاتون), the daughter of Ayyubid ruler al-Maazem Sharaf al-Din Aisa (المعظم شرف الدين عيسى). After her death in 1526, Khadijeh Khatoun (خديجة خاتون) was buried here. The complex is also known as Madrasa …